We just posted, why writing a love note is a good idea for writers . . . but, we think it might be fun to give some love note writing tips! Writing a love note can also be a bit intimidating, if you’re not sure how to get started. Here are some tips on how to write a love note that will touch the heart of the person you love (or at least make them smile).
- Start with a heartfelt greeting: Start your love note with a warm greeting that reflects your feelings for the person. You might use a term of endearment, such as “my love” or “my dearest,” to express your affection. If you want a giggle, open with something ridiculous but not offensive, like if you are writing a love note to your boy friend who is 23 you can open with Old Man, but if you are writing to your husband who is 55 I would not open with Old Man.
- Express your feelings: Be specific about what you love about the person, whether it’s their sense of humor, their kindness, or the way they make you feel. Use specific examples to show how they’ve made an impact on your life.
- Be sincere and genuine: Your love note should come from the heart, so be sincere and genuine in your words. Don’t worry about sounding perfect or poetic. Just speak from the heart.
- Use descriptive language: To make your love note more vivid and memorable, use descriptive language that creates a visual picture in the reader’s mind. For example, instead of saying “I love your smile,” you might say “Your smile lights up my day and fills me with happiness.” We love descriptive language, the more the better in a love note!
- End on a positive note: End your love note on a positive and optimistic note. Let the person know that you’re excited about the future and looking forward to spending more time together.
- Add a personal touch: You can make your love note even more special by adding a personal touch, such as a drawing, a special quote, or a small gift.
- Proofread your note: Before sending your love note, make sure to proofread it for any errors or mistakes. You want your message to be clear and easy to understand. Read, reread, edit, repeat!
Writing a love note is a wonderful way to express your feelings to someone you care about. By following these tips, you can create a heartfelt and meaningful message that will touch the heart of the person you love. Write On!