We’ve loved sharing these mythological creatures and the outline of their legends/stories. We hope you’ve been just as inspired as us to create your own legend – inspired by these creatures or recreating their legend in your own retelling. In a way, we’ve traveled around the world and have explored so many countries and their legends.
If you have any other creatures we missed and you want to share, comment down below and let us know what your favorite myth is!
Rainbow Serpent | Australia
Rainbow snake that represents the cycle of the seasons.
- A creator god who is a common motif in Aboriginal Australia, one of the groups of indigenous peoples of Australia.
- The representation of the rainbow and the serpents are that of human life and need for water.
- Although the god is angelic in a way, they can easily turn into a destructive force.
- Most legends describe the serpent as being male but others have labeled it as female or androgynous and bisexual. It has a link to fertility and its association to gender and sexuality show that!
- This godly snake is worshiped through rituals, usually in relation to female menstruation.