Dokkaebi | Korea
“Impish spirits that transform from inanimate objects.”
- Also called Korean goblins, they like to play tricks on humans (or help them – it can go either way.)
- Physical descriptions of the dokkaebi can be found on ancient roof tiles but are usually frightening to look at.
- Into wrestling? So are these spirits! in order to pass them, you should be able to wrestle your way out of their clutches of evil! Their weak spots include their right side and (some of them are one-legged) a simple push will get them down.
- There are different types of dokkaebi. To be frank, there are nine common types.
- Sometimes, rituals are hosted to get in the good graces of the dokkaebi but other times.