Dames Blanches | France
“Ghostly women in white who destroys those that refuse to dance.”
- Literally translates to “white ladies.”
- They were reported in regions of Lorraine and Normandy. But they also were seen in the mountains, where they lived in caves and caverns.
- She will talk to passersby and ask to dance or for help in a situation. If someone refused, she would end their life. You better have two dancing feet!
- The origin of these women may have a group of ancient goddesses who served as guardians, called the Matres.
- Although we mention they’re from France, there are actually other European folklore about these women. They get around!
Dance, because your life might depend on it.