Phoenix | Greece
“Fire bird that eternally regenerates from its own ashes.”
- There are many different tales which reveal the life expectancy of the phoenix before it is reborn…one being a span of 500 years.
- The phoenix was considered a royal bird because it had been associated with a place called Phoenicia. Phoenicia was known for producing a rich purple dye which was deemed expensive and used exclusively for the upper class.
- When we think of the phoenix, we think vibrant colors associate with the sun. In truth, the phoenix has never been described in great detail in original folklore.
- Phoenix is Greek for ‘crimson’ or ‘purple.’
- The modern adaptation of the phoenix make claims that the tears of the bird can heal and if they’re nearby, lying doesn’t occur.