It’s always fun to do research, especially when writing. So, this Monday, we wanted to do some basic research for you on one of our favorite subjects in the fantasy-world: magic & magic-users.
Since there are so many different classes of magic, we decided to look at titles some of your characters might hold in your story.
- Wizard: source of magic comes from books, learning, and practices.
- Warlock: name translates loosely to “truce-breaker” and supposedly gets their power from a higher power (usually seen as an ‘evil’ entity.)
- Sorcerer: power comes from within; “sors” Latin for “oracular response.”
- Magician: in the paranormal or fantasy sense, magic is used for ceremonial purposes.
- Witch: the female “wizard,” essentially.
- Mage: magic-user but of an academic source.
- Conjuror: magic used in the creation of objects.
- Enchanter: magic is used to enhance items or charm people.