Believe it or not, 2016 is coming to a close- the perfect time to reflect on successful audiobooks.
Audible recently listed the 20 highest rated audio books of 2016 (highest rated does not necessarily mean highest sales for this list). Audible determined their 20 highest rated titles by looking at audiobooks with at least 500 customer ratings and 150 reviews.
Some notable books are:
(Pick a couple you like and give them a listen, make it a fun New Year’s resolution!)
1) Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah, narrated by the author
2) The Magnolia Story by Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines, narrated by the authors
3) Reign of Madness: King’s Dark Tidings, Book 2 by Kel Kade, narrated by Nick Podehl
4) Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the creator of Nike by Phil Knight, narrated by Norbert Leo Butz and the author
5) Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry, narrated by the author
6) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, narrated by Jennifer Ikeda
7) Digging Up Mother: A Love Story by Doug Stanhope, narrated by the author
8) Morning Star: Book III of the Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown, narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds
9) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, narrated by Thandie Newton
10) #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness by Gary Vaynerchuk, narrated by the author, Jack Welch, and Dave Ramsey
11) Killing the Rising Sun: How America Vanquished World War II Japan by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard, narrated by Bill O’Reilly and Robert Petkoff
12) The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne, narrated by Luke Daniels
13) The Silver Thief: The Cycle of Galand, Book 2 by Edward W. Robertson, narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds
14) The Beast: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, narrated by Jim Frangione
15) Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party by Dinesh D’Souza, narrated by James Foster
16) Tattered Remnants: Zombie Fallout 9 by Mary Tufo, narrated by Sean Runnette
17) Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas, narrated by Elizabeth Evans
18) Small Great Things: A Novel by Jodi Picoult, narrated by Audra McDonald, Cassandra Campbell, and Ari Fliakos
19) The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson, narrated by Michael Kramer
20) The Wrong Side of Goodbye: A Harry Bosch Novel, Book 21 by Michael Connelly, narrated by Titus Welliver
The bestselling audiobook on Audible this year was The Girl on the Train. The bestselling children’s audiobook was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The best selling non-fiction book was The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.
The best news of all is that Audible members increased their listening hours by 1 billion between 2014 and 2016.
Keep on writing, and keep on making audiobooks… because people are listening.